- Continuation of Estonia's ancient inland ship- and boat-building traditions, construction, restoration, preservation, and promotion of historical watercraft.
- Revitalization of water traffic, development of historical water routes (especially the Pärnu-Viljandi-Võrtsjärve-Emajõe-Peipsi waterway).
- Research and presentation of the history related to inland waters and inland water traffic, collection, preservation, and publication of historical information and material related to water traffic, including gathering the knowledge of boat and shipbuilders, and the establishment of thematic exhibitions and museums.
- Research and application of heritage technologies, preservation and maintenance of cultural and landscape heritage, nature conservation.
- Promotion of an active and environmentally friendly lifestyle, and advocacy for various recreational activities related to water.
Development of sustainable tourism, creation of new tourism attractions and routes.